Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHRISTmas!


I have been hearing so much that Christmas is so commercial and some complain that Christmas is too stressful and a burden. I just wanted to share with you how grateful I am for the first gift of Christmas, Our Savior. I love this time of year when we can celebrate him. I am grateful that my family has so many opportunities to celebrate him, I thought I would share a few with you.

Our favorite tradition is Temple square. We love the lights, but we also love the Nativities that are set out. We also got to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast/concert this year.


We always have family home evening this month that center around the Christ Child. Even though my kids have big Christmas's due to Grandma & Grandpa and a little by us, my kids love to put up or Nativity. Our house is full of Christmas over the fireplace, the kitchen, the tree, the front of the house. Our nativity is small and simple, but beautiful. Rogers Grandmother brought it to us from Jeruselam. Almost everyday I notice that the figures have been moved around by one of the kids.

We also have a Christmas Party with Great Grandma the first sunday of December each year. It sets the tone for our holiday it seems. We always sing corals(it takes about in hour). We sing some holiday favorites like roudolf, but we focus on hymns and primary songs.
I been so blessed with good kids! I am so grateful!
I hope your Holiday is filled with Love and Happiness!

5 comments:

Michele said...

I love this time of year too! Merry Christmas!

Avree said...

What a beautiful post, thanks! Merry Christmas!

Michele said...

hey it's me again :) I don't think my blog has been updating on anyone's blogs... it's stuck! so be sure & pop in to mine once in a while :)

Backgrounds said...

It is so great to hear from you. Most of the blogs I look at belong to my neighbors who live just down the street. It will be so nice to Keep up with you guys. Have a wonderful Christmas and I'm with you, this is the most beautiful and magical time of the year, I love it.

Katie and Dennis said...

You are so right! Christmas is about Jesus! How else would it feel so nice and be SOOO wonderful? I just love it!