Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here's to You!

I have read three different articles in three different forms of mediums about giving compliments. Each article said that even the littlest compliment makes a huge difference. I agree! I know I am always in need of validation, but I figure if a little compliment can make my day it can do the same for someone else. I always give out compliments. I do have one requirement. It has to be sincere, never a lie. If i see someone and I think their hair looks cute or I like their shoes, or whatever, I never just think it, I say it. I compliment total strangers all the time, I may be wierd, but I would hate for them to go all day in the cute skirt and have no one comment. If they think I am wierd most likely they will never see me again!:) So blogger friends here's to YOU! I know you are strong and work hard, you are good mother's and your wonderful spirit's make someone else's life much better. And on top of that you Look Good doing it!
Here are a few pics of some fun Journals I made for my kids to give their cousins for Christmas. I got the idea from my friend's blog. Hers were so cute I thought I would try.





I made one for each of my kids too. I think they turned out pretty cute. I found the notebooks at Wal-mart for $1 and they are good sized 7x9. Thanks for the inspriation Darcee!

5 comments:

Michele said...

Those are too cute! Good job. I agree with you on the compliment thing... That's really nice of you to compliment even strangers! It is true- we all love and need validation. I think I will try that too! :) Thanks

Darcee said...

Wow, your journals turned out so cute! And aren't they fun to make??

I'm not the best at giving compliments. . . I think nice things all of the time, but I just don't always say them. Thanks for the reminder of how much they can make a person's day--it is so true and I need to be better!

Avree said...

The journals turned out so cute! I wish I could go to crop night and see them in real life!

Michele said...

You should really come to the class... last time she gave us a packet of step by step instructions, & tons of sites where you can get freebies. I can get you a copy, maybe just leave me your email on my blog & I'll send it to you. I did the pages on my blog at smilebox.com their pages are pretty much pre made, you just drop your photos in. Really easy!

April Hutchins said...

Those are so cute! You will have to show me how to make them. Brian and Jamie have moved some but not all. I think their planning on moving the rest on Wed.